Copywriting 101: How to Write Emails for Lead Conversion
In this training, we’ll review how to write effective emails that engage the audience and get them to take action more quickly.
Here are a few key points we covered in this training:
(1:15) Copywriting: Salesmanship in print
(2:20) 4 pillars of salesmanship: Trust, need, help, hurry
(8:00) Identifying the right message, right market, and right media to deliver your message
(10:35) THE LEAD: 6 Proven ways to grab someone’s attention:
1. Offer/Promise – “I have this special opportunity for you and here’s why…”
2. Invitation – “I’d like to personally invite you to check out or attend this special (blank)…”
3. Problem/Solution – “If you’re suffering from this problem, I’m going to show you how to fix it.”
4. Secret – “I’m going to let you in on a little-known, insider secret of my industry today…”
5. Story – “Bob’s life was a mess, and then he had this turning point and now he is a success! Here’s how…”
6. Prediction – “Where is the market headed? Stay tuned for my prediction of what’s going to happen…”
(21:30) Sample writings for developing trust and nurturing a lead
(22:30) Using each sentence to “hook” the reader into continuing to read
(23:50) The cosmetic effects of using 1 or 2 sentences per line and graphical highlighting
(27:20) Area merge fields to “localize” the message and keep readers engaged
(29:10) Pattern Interrupts…break the standard
(32:00) Using “you” and “your” to keep the message personal rather than self-promotional
(34:25) Adding Benefit Statements like “so you can” so you can help readers know “what’s in it for me”
(38:15) Keeping the email short to give it a spontaneous feel
(44:00) The Pain Avoidance technique
(49:45) How bolding the benefits provides a secondary reading path for anyone short on time
(52:00) Call to action is woven into the body copy, multiple hyperlinks, almost as an afterthought
(54:50) Honest, personal, authentic, and vulnerable communication styles are ALWAYS better than professional, safe, and corporate.
(58:45) Cut, cut, cut: Get rid of anything that isn’t absolutely necessary
(59:50) 300 or 400px wide for iPhone formatting
Watch past trainings:
=ABOUT VYRAL MARKETING=
EDUCATE YOUR CONTACTS. MAKE SALES.
Vyral Marketing helps market your passion and expertise with web video to grow your business.
We interview you on a HD webcam once a month to record 2 short educational video tips, then we market them to your customer and prospect database by email and social media to help you increase referrals, repeat business, boost retention, and achieve expert positioning.
It takes 30 minutes a month of your time; we do all the work for you – video editing, article writing, email marketing, social marketing, etc.
To learn more, visit us online at http://www.getvyral.com or call 1-800-323-9974 for a complimentary marketing consultation.
- Where To Find The Best Direct Response Copywriter | Proven Direct Response Marketing For Business
- Top 3 Web Copywriting Tips
- SEO Copywriter: What is copywriting? Learn how to write sale copy with “Copywriting Secrets”
- seanwes tv 177: The Difference Between Content Marketing and Copywriting
- Sales Letter Copywriter With Proven Results | Direct Response Copywriter For Business
- Rob Anspach Interviews Tony Policci | Direct Response Copywriter | Marketing
- Point B Marketing Copywriter
- Marketing Success & Copywriting Secrets Revealed by Master Copywriter Bob Bly 1
- Kill These 2 Things to Write A Successful Salesletter
- Internet Marketing Copywriter – The Copy Nazi – Malcolm Lambe
- How to become a copywriter | copywriting for marketing
- From Airline Pilot to Aviation Copywriter and Marketing Consultant
- Emotional Direct Response Marketing & Copywriting Tips
- Copywriting Conference 2013: Panel Discussion · Content marketing, copywriting and creativity
- Content Marketing – Chung kết cuộc thi Copywriter – sáng tạo Big Idea – Phần 1
- Como Se Tornar um CopyWriter Profissional: Consultoria em Marketing Digital e Vendas Online